Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Riddick - One of my favorites

I have been a long time fan of Pitch Black and the Chronicles of Riddick so I was excited to hear that they were working on a third one. It was these films that inspired me to start writing my novel, Masoth: The Journey Beyond, since it gave me the the idea of how such a vision could work. 

The other night I saw Riddick and I really enjoyed it. I loved the survival aspect of the movie as well as the focus on Riddick's skill to overcome adversity. The anti-hero genre is interesting but I think that the Riddick universe presents it in the best light for me. I don't often get out to see movies in the theaters, and the last movie I saw in a theater was Rise of the Planet of the Apes. Yet, the moment I heard that this one was coming out I planned for months to see and I wasn't disappointed.

I can't wait to get this on DVD.


No comments: