Saturday, August 8, 2009

In Jerusalem, Videos, and Photos Coming Soon

So as I said in the last post I am in Jerusalem. Talk about a lot of blood, sweat, and tears in moving and I mean all three literally. It was a little hard to say goodbye to Maale Adummim after living there for 2 years, but in comparison to moving to the holiest city in the Jewish world there is no comparison, for me, to living in Jerusalem. I feel so central to everyting that I need in my life right now, and I am at a better arm's length to the things that I want to do for this next year.

Today marked the second Shabbat (Sabbath) I have spent actually in Jerusalem. The last time I spent a Shabbat in Jerusalem was back in 2004. It is ironic that it was spent in the same neighborhood where I now live called Katamon. Back then it was with a late friend of mine who passed away in 2005 and now it is with new friends. I love the fact that this place lends itself to so many possibilities, and I want to make the most of those possibilities during my time of more relaxed working.

This will I still have a lot of unpacking to do, and I recently had a situation that came up that has changed some of the plans I had for this year, but that is life and that is okay. I did plan on visiting the US for month in Sept. but the method I was going to use to do this has dried up so I won't doing that and maybe it was for the best. Everytime I have moved away from a place, going back to visit it always has reinforced why I left in the first place. Then I go through the desire to return back to where I was currently living. So going to the US may have simply reninforced why I left and only made me want to hurry up and get back to Israel. It is as I have written before that I feel I have lived more in the last two years (here in Israel) than I have most of my life.

There may be other issues at play that may have it be better that I don't visit the US, so maybe that is fate on some level. I will admit that one of the reasons that I wanted to visit was to see a small group of people that I connect with on the net, but maybe this was not as important that I felt it was at one time. So sa la vi. I don't claim to believe the worst when something doesn't work out, but sometimes there could be a method to the madness. Maybe it was simply a matter of Jedi Politics ala Clerks.


No comments: