Sunday, May 24, 2009

People Love Drama?

So lately I have been checking out other people's blogs and YouTube videos in comparison to the last few months of simply working on my own videos, and I have been finding that people seem to love drama. What I mean is that it seems like there are some many debates and arguements going on about a range of topics, which lead to the name calling and very few solutions. Now I love a good debate as much as the next person. Yet, the older I get the less I care about debate and the more I am concerned with the discussion of putting solutions in place.


As I mentioned before, I was not always this way. There was a time when I liked to be a part of the drama crowd. I complained on a number of things, but very seldom worked on solutions. That was until one day was I shown a path that led to action and that action involved working with kids. The concept being that if you could direct, redirect, or change the mindset of a child before what I call "pop culture" gets to them you could in turn change the world.

What I have noticed though that in some of these drama debates, these kinds of words get lost in the need for more debate and more drama. It is like some people get so lost in the debate that actually outlining solutions is not as important as keeping the debate going. That is completely fine, if that is what people really want, but to me it would seem that working on solutions would be the prominent issue. I have been chalking this up to the fact that I grew up in a different environment where there were people who were through talking and debating the drama and instead they were doing something about the drama.


It is like saying, if a community structure is the problem then all you have to do is build a PHYSICAL community. If adult pshychology is the problem, you start working with the kids in order to prevent them from taking up a failed pshychology. If a lost culture is the problem, you do the research and try your best to fill in the gaps. If particular people are the problem, you do the best you can to bring them to the table and if they refuse you cut them off and excommunicate them.

These things can be talked about all day, but putting them into action changes the whole landscape. That is just the way I see things, and maybe I am wrong in my thinking. Yet, I guess for most people they need the drama. Besides drama sells and it keeps peoples' attention a lot longer than quick and speedy resolution. I guess that is why the soup opera industry is so popular.

5 comments:

Miriam said...

I'm so there. No inclinations for dramas here.

Ehav Ever said...

Hey Miriam,

I still owe you that response to your Magazine idea. I have been busy working on a few things. As soon as I can I will send it to you.

soulsisstarreviews said...

My tolerance for drama is less than zero. But I do like Hollywood gossip...does that count as drama?

Ehav Ever said...

I am with you on that. I think H-Wood gossip is a bit different. I have a different view on that, I call it Pop Culture. Maybe one day I will write about that.

College Classes said...

Good point. I must admit though, I do like drama but only if I'm not in the middle of it. Just think how plain and simple life would be if there was no drama.