Friday, February 20, 2009

Episode 12: התבודדות Meditation?

As promised I am back and ready for action. In order to prepare for the upcoming videos about REAL Zionism I decided that I needed to take some time to focus. This video is about the Jewish concepts of what is called התבודדות Hitbodedut, or meditation. It must be said that Hitbodedut is not what most westerners are accustomed to, but is more an issue of contemplation or focus. Watch the video it will be explained.

Note: For those who can't read Hebrew, there are some Hebrew quotes that I didn't translate for the sake of time and substance. I may add a translation of some of them to this post later.



The Chronicles will continue....................

3 comments:

הצעיר שלמה בן רפאל לבית שריקי ס"ט said...

*ahem*, ..I hate to bring unessential points here, but you seem to have a diverse musical variety on your videos, ome more well known than others. I wonder if some of your musical influences can be expounded upon?

Miriam said...

Oh wow! I hust wrote a bit about hitbodedut. I'm goinf to link to this post.

You do great YouTubes! kol hakavod

Ehav Ever said...

Shlomo - Yes, I have a wide range of musical tastes. I will take you up on that suggestion. I will do a video next month on where my variety of musical tastes comes from. I have written about it a little on the blog, but not directly.

Miriam - Thanks for the kudos on the videos. I am really enjoying doing them. Yes, I saw your post on hitbodedut. Interesting. How is the family?