Saturday, January 24, 2009

Video Response: What is a Sellout?

Okay, so this is one the last video responses I will be doing for a while. This one concerns a topic that is quite personal to me and it is the matter of being called a sellout. I remember as a kid being called all kinds of names because I didn't match up to what some people's expectations of being "black" was supposed to me. I also remember people being called sellouts for the most erronious type of issues. This of course was when I lived in America when race seemed to mean more than it does in my life here in the Middle East.

So this video is in response to the following VLOG from YouTube user smileyousee.



So here is my response.

4 comments:

Miriam said...

I must admit I'll be glad for the end of vlogs only because I can't see/ hear them for fear of waking folks up.

But I still look forward to reading!

Ehav Ever said...

Hello Miriam,

Sorry that you can't access the video blogs. Currently, they are a lot easier for me to produce at the moment. Do you have earphones that you can use?

clnmike said...

Well I dont know about the sell out part, but I do question why she is waving the IR flag of her family all over the net?

To me putting your self out there like that is asking for a response and you are not entitled to get a positive response all the time when you put your self on the alter of public opinion.

Further more when you are constantly bringing up the race of your other that you are basically saying there is something with men of your own race.

To me this lady is looking for a pity party or a fight, other wise she would just go on and live her happy life and not worry about what other people are thinking.

Basically she is full of shit.

Shoshana said...

Shalom Ehav,

A friend of mine forwarded your blog to me and I've found it very interesting. I am writing/directing a documentary film on stereotypes in Israel. Based on your posts, I think you could provide an interesting perspective on the subject and I would like to be in contact. Please email me at shosha_tiqo@yahoo.com if you would like to participate. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Regards,

Shoshana Covington