Monday, October 13, 2008

A Year In Review: 5768 to 5769

So in my last post I mentioned that I found some new video and imaging software called VideoSpin. Here is one of the first videos I did with it. It is a year in review. Now I know what you are saying, Ehav you have already done the 1 year thing at least twice on this blog. I know, I know. Yet, it is a big thing for me since this year has been an interesting mix of things. I have to also say that I have felt the most alive in this last year. This is the stuff that I was created for, or at least that is what I think. Also, I know a number of people who did not even make it a year living here, let alone I knew people who talked about moving to Israel, or moving back to Israel, and never made it happen. So I can say תודה לאל (Thank G-d) that a year and some spare change is a thing to be excited about.

As mentioned before I have been here in Israel for more than a year, and things are going well. At this point I am saying that I am 2/3 Israeli since I have my תעודת זהות (Israeli ID) and my רשיון נהיגה (Israeli Driver's License). The only thing I need to get now is my דרכון ישראלי (Israeli passport), which I won't need for a while since I don't plan on leaving the country any time soon. Once I get that I will personally feel like I am 100% Israeli in the legal sense, although I am 100% in all other respects.

If you have kept up with my blog since the summer of 5768 (Gregorian calender 2007) you have seen some of my pictures from this last year here in Israel. You have also read my reasons for moving here as well as some of the things that have taken place since I have moved. Yet, just in case you are new to this blog below is a video log, made using VideoSpin, of this last year. The song in the video is Terega by favorite Israeli rap group HaDag Nachash. I hope you all enjoy it, because it took all last night and part of this morning to upload it. (whew!)



The Chronicles of Ehav Ever will continue.....

2 comments:

clnmike said...

Nice vid.

Ehav Ever said...

Clnmike - Thanks.

Invisible Woman - Yeah I was also shocked to find out BHC had called it quits. I felt like Fred Sanford. This is the big one! After that I began to question if I should stop blogging. Yet, alas thanks to the words of Thembi I will continue.

Thanks for the kind words. I think I have lost between 10 to 20 lbs since I have been living here. Before I left America I had stopped working out and I didn't have a kitchen so I was eating delivery Kosker Chinese almost every day. Now I am eating right and working out. As soon as I get a more permanent house I am going to build my Bowflex and then it is on.