Thursday, August 7, 2008

The Chronicles of Ehav Ever - Video Break?

One more break and the the Chronicles of Ehav Ever will continue. Yet, now that I think about it this is not exactly a break. These breaks reflect important elements of my Chronicles. They tell just as much of my story as the written words I put in my posts. So with that let me take you back, back to my elementary, jr. high, and high school days.

Ehav Ever version 2.0

When I was younger I was a big fan of conscious World Music, hip-hop, and R&B. I also a fan of rap songs that made no sense what so ever, or were just plain funny. I had a best friend named Jason, and we would sit around and analysis songs and their lyrics and makes jokes about them.

Below are a collections of songs that spoke to me then, and in some way still speak to me now.


Isis - Rebel Soul

Though Egyptology does not speak to me, since we Israelis are commanded by G-d to never return there or follow the ways of Egypt, I do have some respect for how some people seek to use Egypt as their way to build a society. These songs remind of the people I came into contact with in Kansas City, MO. During my high school years I met former black panthers, activists, and teachers from various spectrums. My mother made sure I know that there were positive people from all cultures, and that I should recognize that.

That being said, I was a big Lin Que fan. For those of you who don't know Lin Que was formally known as Isis a member of the rap group X-Clan. I was in love with Lin Que when I was younger, and I couldn't wait for her to come out with her new album.


Isis - Touch of Love

I am reminded of how the world to me seemed so perfect when I listened to these songs. They made me feel like I was in a different world, where there was either no wrong or there was hope.


Stetasonic - Talking All That Jazz


Joe Ski Love - Peewees Dance

I love the creativity that these artists had in their videos. Some of the videos I wished had been turned into movies. So this is the soundtrack that my high school years played to.


The Juice Crew - The Symphony

The Chronicles of Ehav Ever will continue.

Ehav Ever version 2.5

3 comments:

Felicity said...

Great chronicles Ehav

Laisha said...

Your blog is like reading the newspaper, but better. He He! And I'm not just saying that because you're my frat brother (smile). Now the stuff right here is real hip hop. The only artist I knew was Joe Ski Love, but I really did appreciate the rest...The Chronicles continue....

Ehav Ever said...

Felicity - Thanks.

Laisha - I am glad that my blog is better than a newspaper. Now send me $1.00 charge. (smile) You mean to tell me you have never heard of the Symphony by the Juice Crew or Talking All That Jazz by Stetasonic? Where have you been hiding? (smile)