Monday, July 7, 2008

Here and There: The Unseen

So some of you may have been wondering, What has been happening to Ehav Ever? Well, I at least know that Bohemian Hippie Chick was. (Thanks for the love.)

So Here Is the Scoop

There has been a lot going on in the last few weeks, much of which are things that I would normally not blog about.As mentioned in a previous post I have been doing some traveling here and there, and I am also busy trying to take care of some personal business.

My mother recently called me in tears because her mother, my grandmother, was diagnosed with cancer and something else that I can’t remember right now. The doctors said my grandmother was to frail for surgery unless she went to some type of physical therapy. Initially, my grandmother said that she was okay with just going home and she didn’t feel like doing the therapy. So when my mother called at 12:00 a.m. my time she was thinking the worst. My mother decided to go ahead and send my grandmother to therapy.

I don’t have much in the way of emotional feelings for death, except for around the time that burying takes place. I also not around a lot of people most of the time, and I am closest to my father's family. So this news from my mother did not affect me, except for concern for her emotions and my grandmother’s. I am not close with my mother’s family, and my mother’s mother is not anything like the powerhouse that was my grandmother on my father’s side. If you have read my blog in the past I have talked a lot about my father’s mother Elnora Lyons-Ever, but this is the first time I have talked about my mother’s mother.

In other news, some of you may know that last week an Arab terrorist used a bulldozer to kill 3 people and injure 30 or more people in downtown Jerusalem. He ran over several cars, turned over one bus full of people, and heavily damaged another bus full of people. When things like this happen I really want to do something like join the military and find some way to fight terrorist directly. Israel is a small country, about the size of New Jersey, so when something like this happens it affects all of us. For more about that story go here. To read about the 3 victims of the attack go here.

Most of you may not know this, because I haven’t talked about it much, but I don’t believe in the so called “Road Map to Peace” or the “Two State Solution” that is proposed by the US. I am a Jew, and first and foremost I believe that the land of Israel (all of it) was given to our ancestors and us. I of course base this on the Biblical account as well as what the Quran says about it. I believe that our current problems with the Arab nations are that we are perceived as being soft and they are testing us and pushing us. They are also affectively convincing the world that we Israelis are holding back Middle East peace, and are in some way connected to the West’s oil problems. I may go into more detail later.

My job is going okay, not much new there. I continue to train in the Abir martial arts and I am making good progress. I also have been in a conversational Hebrew class that just ended. I am also fiending to see Hellboy II:The Golden Army and the Dark Knight. The below vidoes explain why.





The Bigger Issue

So here comes the bigger issue. I am considering if I should continue to blog. With all of the things I have going on right now, I have less time to do such things. Part of me also feels like maybe I have outgrown blogging and maybe it was a phase. At the same time, I have written a number of things to add to the blog, but of late I haven’t felt like posting them.

So that is the update for now. I know it isn’t saying much and it especially with that last part there are going to be more questions, but that is where I am right now. That is to say I am at a crossroads with not only the blog, but with a few things in life. This is not a bad thing, for now it is simply a thing.

10 comments:

Felicity said...

Sorry to hear about your grandmother. The Israel and Arabs will have to come to some agreement with themselves and by themselves. The whole process needs wisdom and guidance from God himself.

Casper said...

I will swin by again later and make a real post, but its 4 am here and I gotta get some sleep. See you again soon.

bohemianabstractions said...

Hi Ehav,

I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother and I hope everything works out for the best. I'll be praying for you and your family.

I understand how you feel about not wanting to blog (I take more breaks than any blogger on the planet). Sometimes blogging takes up more time than it needs to, and life should always take precedence.

If you decide to come back...I'll be happy. If you decide to stop blogging, I'll miss your voice...but I'll still be happy for you.

I'm just gonna bombard you with emails! ;-)

Take care...

bohemianabstractions said...

Almost forgot...I totally agree with you on the so-called "Roadmap to Peace".

The most recent terrorist attack was awful, I don't know how can anyone be filled with that much hatred.

You were my first thought when I heard about it...please be careful.
(Don't make me come over there!)

Tr8erGirl said...

Glad to see a post, but Im sorry to hear about your grandmother!

I, for one, vote that you continue to blog! I love your perspective on things, but then, I understand blogging is a burden, especially when you have so many other things going on! Either way - best of luck! Are you continuing with the book?

Ehav Ever said...

Hey All,

Thanks for your concerns. At the moment I am not as motivated to blog, at night I am normally tired from the day. We will see what happens.

Thembi said...

Im glad your back and I hope for the health of your family.

When you ask whether you should keep blogging I remember what brought me here today - I'm running a series of posts about my trip to Doha and I'd love you to comment on every single one! How many brothers are reporting from Isreal Ehav?? Keep Blogging!

Casper said...

If its time to move along then its just time. I hate to see you go, but want you to have all the blessings on your way.

Just a note. I understand the want to join the military, just make your decision thoughtfully. Being the sharp edge of the sword will change you, even if you don't notice the difference yourself. I am not discouraging you to join.

Just remember there is no such thing as peace, especially in the middle east. Every thought of the imagination of our hearts is evil continually.

I would still like to keep email contact with you, if your not trying to make a complete break.

makeda42 said...

I also hope that you keep blogging but I will understand if you don't. I think that I had just began blogging when you put the challenge out for Positive Blogging. I hope that you leave your blog up, even if the last entry says ** suspended **. It’s important for us to hear a voice from across the waters. It keeps us from saying “they”; we learn that “they” are actually “us”.

SheWhoLives said...

Hi Ehav,

Firstly, so sorry about your grandmother - you and your family will be in my prayers.

Secondly, I just got back from holiday to Egyot last week during which time I had the opportunity to spend the day in Jerusalem. (the Red Sea resort of Taba is very close to the Israeli border). This was an absolutely amazing expreience; intense, beautiful, overwhelming on every level. I would love to discuss more with you about life in Israel as my short time there has really piqued my interest in that part of the world... I know very little about the politics in that part of the world and would very much appreciate your input. Please email me at shewholives@live.co.uk if you have time.

And lastly, I can understand your thoughts about whether or not to continue blogging. I went through something v similar recently; for me though, I realised that I needed to keep my blog space as a private (almost sacred) space just for me and my thoughts. Since I took my blog "underground" I have found a new passion and freedom and continue to blog with abandon!

Just do what is right for you... Although I will miss reading you dearly if you decide to stop, if it means you being true to your heart then it is what you must do.

Hoep to hear from you soon!