Saturday, March 22, 2008

Chubb Rock Interview

I loved the hip-hop from the 80's and the 90's before the gangster rap era. One of my favorite artists was Chubb Rock. I liked the fact that his music was fun to dance to and that he seemed like a real respectable person.

Chubb Rock - The Chubster


I don't listen to much rap now a days, mainly because I can't relate to it, so I end up sticking to the old school songs I grew up with. So It was interesting when I found out that Chubb Rock was working on a new album. The following is an interview with Chubb Rock from 2007.

Chubb Rock Interview Part 1

4 comments:

bohemianabstractions said...

The Chubster!!! I used to love that guy...I'm glad he's coming back!

Ehav Ever said...

Yeah, Chubb Rock was on point. It was sad to hear that his wife died of cancer.

Ensayn1 said...

Chub is the man. Some new CD's out at least over the last year or two you may want to check out. There is still good Hip Hop out there just don't hear it on Main stream radio
Revolutionary vol II-Immortal Technique (2005)
The 5% Album-Lord Jamar of Brand Nubian (July 2006)
Life-Krs One
Return of the Magnificent-DJ Jazzy Jeff (Sept 2007_
Rebirth of A Nation-Public Enemy (2006)

Ehav Ever said...

Hey Ensayn,

Sorry for the late reply. Thanks for the hip-hop referrals. I end up listening to more Israeli music now a days. I am trying to get everything in Hebrew. Living here in the Middle East I find I relate better to the music from here, now a days.