Thursday, March 27, 2008

Afterthoughts on Mixed Chicks Interview

So I was interviewed on the Mixed Chicks Chat Pod Cast yesterday. I almost didn't make it on the show because I didn't realize that America had gone through daylight savings. Here in Israel we are about 7 hours ahead of EST time. We have a form of daylight savings here, but it happens at a different time of the year.

So about an hour before the show I decided to get a little of sleep so I didn't go to work today overly tired. When I woke up by chance I decided to check out the Mixed Chicks site, and I noticed that it looked like the show had already started. Thank God I checked in and I was able to get on the show.

Since I was invited to on the show several months ago, I began thinking about what kind of things to talk about. One of the reasons that I wanted to do this is because I come from a long line of very talkative people. I didn't want to go to far in tangents, and I also didn't want to get to deep into talking about things that are hard to understand.

There are a number of topics that involve Judaism that are at times hard to explain in simple terms. It was very refreshing to once again talk about some of the things I blog about that are sometimes difficult to write without going into 20 pages of stuff.

If you missed the podcast you can find Episode 43, both versions the edited and the unplugged version here.

2 comments:

Miriam said...

Hey Ehav, Listened to the podcast. It was well done. I'm embarrassed to say, I didn't know that the mixed chick was so informed, lol. bad me!

But it was well done.

Ehav Ever said...

Hey Miriam,

Thanks. I am glad you enjoyed the podcast. You should check out their other shows. They have some really good ones.

Yes, I think they prepared before the show. They also did a show about Rain Pryor a few months ago so I think they were prepared by that.

It is funny, I had one friend in America who was very critical of the show. He is Ashkenazi, with more of an Euro-American mindset and he didn't quite get the whole mixed concept. I had to explain to him the concept of growing up in America as not being a part of the Euro-American mindset.