Saturday, February 9, 2008

Brings Back Memories

A few months ago I mentioned in a post that I used to be a dancer. In the late 1980's and early 1990's me and several friends of mine used to take part in dance contests in Kansas City, MO. Nothing major, but at different parties we would always be there.

There were a number of videos that we used to take moves from. I was one of the first people at my school who was able to do the splits, after spinning. I carried some of that energy with me when I went to college and pledged Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, and I oh yes I used to do a lot of stepping. Here are a few of my old school favorites.

Special Ed - I'm The Magnificent


Black Rock and Ron - You Can't Do Me None



Def Jef feat. Etta James - Dropping Rhymes on Drums


Chubb Rock - The Chubster



3rd Bass - Steppin To The AM

5 comments:

Lisa said...

So, can yo still do the spin move and finish off with the split?? That's the million dollar question. . .and, if you can, we wanna see it!!!

Mes Deux Cents said...

Hi Ehav,

Will you be going into the Ehav Ever archive for some video of you stepping?

I love to see that!

Ehav Ever said...

Hey Lisa and MDC,

Wow! I feel popular. People want to see me from back in the day. There are no videos to speak of. I wasn't big into videoing when I was younger. I took some photos, but for the most part not at the most opportune times.

In terms of the spinning splits. It is possible that I can still do it. I haven't tried it since college. I can do a double spinning kick in martial arts so it is possible. Although I must say that I learned to do the splits by accident, when I was younger. I don't want to go back visiting it by accident again. Those days are long gone. lol

jlp said...

Ehav,

Thanks for bringing back happy thoughts with these videos and for conjuring up childood memories of Kansas City -- the good, the bad, and the ugly. I have the distinct feeling from reading your site that we may have crossed paths growing up, like attending the same grade school on Main Street. Let a sister know if the world really is that small. Even if it isn't, thank you for sharing your spiritual walk.

Regards,

Joi Preciphs

Ehav Ever said...

Hey Joi,

I visited Kansas City, before I moved to Israel. It was so different. I didn't know where I was.

Yes, we have crossed path before on a number of occasions. It has been a long time. When you get a chance send me an email at ehavever@yahoo.com.