Thursday, November 29, 2007

Memories

Okay before I finish my last 2 posts about Racism and Antisemitism I would like share some of my favorite memories in film and song from my childhood and young adult life. The videos speak for themselves I have added some of their meaning to me.

Men Without Hats - Safety Dance


This song and video made no sense to me. At first when I was young, I thought the name of the song was either Save the Dance or It's Safe to Dance. I also didn't realize until recently that in the video there was an actual dance considered to be the Safety Dance. It isn't much of a dance, it is a pose that looks like an S.

The Great Space Coaster



I used to love the Great Space Coaster. I tried to make my own Space Coaster with note book paper. I actually was able to make it sturdy enough to seat a few action figures. The funny part about shows like this is that diversity meant 1 white guy, 1 black guy, and 1 white woman. I used to love Gary Gnu.

The Great Space Coaster - The Gary Gnu Show



Airplane - The Greatest Conversation Ever



Neil Young - Old Man



This song reminds me of my father Eliyahu Ever, may he rest in peace. As much as I never knew him I am told that in many ways I am just like him.

Def Jef and Etta Jame - Dropping Rhymes on Drums



Def Jeff was one of my favorites back in the day. Me and my friends used to do a lot of the dances in this video. I loved wearing the same type of overalls. All you needed was a different shirt and you had a whole new outfit.

Godzilla (Gojira) vs Gigan (GAIGAN)



Airplane - Jive Talk

2 comments:

Bohemian Hippie Chick said...

LOL! I love those clips! Gary Gnu was on point, loved that show. I loved watching Gojira, those movies were so wonderfully cheesy! The Jive Talk clip from Airplane is one of the scenes in the movie! Wow, thanks for the stroll down memory lane.

Hahaha...great post Ehav!

Ehav Ever said...

Hey BHC,

Well you know what they say. There's no Gnuews like Gary Gnuews. Yes, the whole Godzilla thing was cheesy, but good fun. Do you remember that scene from One Crazy Summer where Bobcat Gothweight (spelling) had on that Godzilla suit and the old man threw the cigar in the mouth?

It is funny when I was younger I did not under what they were saying. It was only a few years ago when I got back into airplane that I actually understood it. Me and my cousin here quote this scene of Airplane all the time.

Glad to have provided the flashback.