Thursday, October 25, 2007

A Week of Positive Blogging

As I mentioned in the previous post, We Could Be Heroes, I was recently inspired with an idea of a week of positive blogging. I am still working out the idea, but here are the bare bones of the idea. As I decide on my precise details I will make another post, or this may serve as the initial inspiration.

The Rules:

The week I have chosen is Nov. 4th to Nov. 10th 2007. This gives a full week to come up with ideas. Also, spread the word and get people involved. Start preparing stories for your blog to start posting on Nov. 4th. You can post as many as you like. I have put a section on my site for a list of the bloggers who are taking part. Once the week is up I will create a link list of the stories of all who took part.

You can participate for as few or as many days as you like. Just read all the instructions below so we are all on the same page, so to speak.

Be imaginative, creative, and thoughtful with your posts. Use whatever theme makes your blog special. Your angle is what is important when considering the topics below.

The purpose is to show the world that good things are happening all around us even while bad things are happening. There is also the idea that each of us has a role on this earth, and each of can do something to change the world. Pictures, videos, etc. that help tell a story are good. You have complete freedom to write about what you like.

Needs: A Week of Positive Blogging Logo

Use this logo on your blog during the week at the top of every post that you do for the week.

You can link back to this article.

Below is the schedule and topic for you to discuss.

The Schedule:

Nov. 4th 2007 (Sunday)

Post with discussions of your positive memories, writings, thoughts, and images that you have come across in your life. It could be a place, it could be a photo, it could be a film, it could be anything.

Nov. 5th 2007 (Monday)

Posts about a person who inspired you to excel in life or who actually saved your life.

Nov. 6th 2007 (Tuesday)

Post about some good news that has taken place in your city, community, etc. that has happened in the last 3 months?

Nov. 7th 2007 (Wednesday)

If you had 3 months with which to spend $ 30 Million in order to change the world what would you do?

Nov. 8th 2007 (Thursday)

Discuss a time in your life when you helped someone or saved someone's life.

Nov. 9th 2007 (Friday)

Before you take your last breath in life, what words of wisdom would you want to impart to the next generation.

Nov. 10th 2007 (Saturday)

After blogging about positive things for a week, what affect has it had on you and your life? What blogs that took part did you find the most inspiring? What do you plan to do to inspire the world going forward?

If you are interested in taking part please leave a message at this post and I will add you to a list of bloggers who want to take part.

Thanks to Herve Kabla we now have a Facebook group to connect everyone who is involved. For those who want to participate please go to Facebook and join.

34 comments:

Bohemian Hippie Chick said...

Hi Ehav, I'll participate.

Ehav Ever said...

I already have you down. Thanks, and spread the word.

EzekielsDaughter said...

Yes, I will also try this.

Herman said...

I like to think that we are all heroes. It's amazing how little kids develop a fascination with heroes early in life. It's because we are all designed to be champions for others in our lives. May every day be a championship day for all humanity.

Wanda said...

sign me up!

Cassandra said...

I would love to participate.

Miriam said...

Hey Ehav, what a beautiful idea! I love it!

I want to participate. I just hope I come up with something. lolol

Miriam said...

i'm sure you reserve the right to reject posts, etc.

Ehav Ever said...

Hey all,

I am adding each person to the list on the side of my blog. If you come across others who would like to participate let me know so I can add them to the lists of blogs participating.

In terms of posts, these are posts that each person will put on their individual blog. The goal is similar to how the Day of Blogging for Darfur or the Day of Blogging for the Environment went.

I may try to come up with a logo for the week of Blogging. I will see what I can do.

Tr8erGirl said...

Great idea! I'm in! Thanks for letting me know! Have a good shabbos!

Omodudu said...

I see myself participating on two days..will that be considered. Or do you have to have the whole week down?

Ehav Ever said...

Hey Omodudu,

Thanks for stopping by my site. Yes, any participation would be great. You make a good point, I need to add that any participation is great. One doesn't have to do every day. The idea though is that all post on the same topic for that particular day. I will add you to the list of people involved and thanks. I look forward to reading your posts.

Herve Kabla said...

Ehav, I'll try to join, although I may not haveenough stuff to feed everyday...

BTW, you should design a logo for your initiative, and ask all participants to share this logo.

diva said...

can do, will do! I will probably write them out earlier and then post on the proper day!

diva

Ehav Ever said...

Hey Herve,

Thanks for mentioning this on your blog. I can't wait to see what the French speaking and writing has. I came up with a logo. Thanks for the advice.

ChrissyJo said...

I'll do this, I'll link to the article, too. Great idea! This was the idea behind one of my blogs, Rainbows and Butterflies :) .

Herve Kabla said...

This is a good first step.. Don't you have something smaller?... Also, let's create the groupe on Facebook!

Herve Kabla said...

Now there is a group for you in Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=5707178858

We are waiting for you to join this group (I don't have your email to invite you)

Yobachi said...

I'm wit it.

The ideal of the show casing the positive while confronting the negative is what I had in mnd when doing my AIDS In Africa Series. I discussed the horrors of course, but I also highlighted some good things going on with the fight, and some good people stepping up.

I'll commit to at least two day, and then see if I can do more. Thanks for putting me on the logo.

Maya said...

Ehav,

I would love to participate, let's put some positive energy out there.

jon said...

I'm honored that you would want me to participate. You can count me in. I hope you will remind us when the week comes.

Looking forward to it, and I will need something to look forward to that week coming. :)

Omodudu said...

I hope we will get a reminder like 2 days before it kicks of. You are welcome.

Luscious Librarian said...

Hey Ehav,
Definitely. I'd be honored to participate.

Sleeping Beauty said...

I would love to do this. I got this off of Rainbows and Butterflys site. I will link this article. Here is mysite as well http://mommylovesdiamonds.blogspot.com.

Lisa said...

What a great week to choose - my birthday is November 10!! That's extremely positive in and of itself!!! Count me in! I will link this post as well. . .

Ehav Ever said...

Hey Lisa,

I chose that week because it is your birthday. Okay just kidding. (smile) Thanks for signing on. I am adding you to the list.

Thembi said...

Hmmm...I'm with you in spirit, but this format just doesn't fit with my blog! If she cant be searingly witty and mildy irritated Thembi is just no fun :-/

Carolyn D. Townes, SFO said...

Awesome concept! Would love to participate. Thanks for adding beauty to the world.

Peace, Carolyn

Barbara said...

Please count me in! What a great idea!

eliesheva said...

Sounds awesome. Thanks for sharing with me.

Renee said...

Please count me in! It's my Bday on Nov. 4th and I can't think of a more perfect way to celebrate it than to do a week of positive blogging.

Tami said...

I just found this blog. It's wonderful and what a beautiful and uplifting idea. Sometimes I feel like blogging is making me too focused on the negative. I'm in starting Monday.

Omodudu said...

I will be posting tomorrow..Teusday and Thursday. Great idea.

guerreiranigeriana said...

what a splendid idea this has been!!!...i missed the first day trying to meet a deadline...did it today and its amazing how it completely changes your thoughts for the day, even when other stuff starts to creep in...i kept pondering all day about the amazing people in my life and the world that inspire me...you should definitely think about hosting this weekly positive blog more often in the year...its almost like a cleanse...just wanted to big up you for the idea...