Tuesday, October 30, 2007

A Week of Positive Blogging: Update

Well, I have spent several days contacting every blogger I could find and wow there has been a lot of positive feedback about next week A Week of Positive Blogging. So for now I am going to stop finding new blogs to contact and let the word of mouth do its own job. Next week is going to be really interesting.

I started working on on my posts for the first four days. Some of them I already have from a book I began writing in 2006. I am trying to edit Day 1 since at the moment in Microsoft Word it is 13 pages. I know what you are saying, but originally it was 19, and it just seems like every part of it is important to the story. It is so hard for me to edit myself, but I want to make sure I have something that is not so long people won't read it all. So this is my mission for this week.

As mentioned before there is no requirement to write for each day. I completely understand that people have busy schedules. Whether you write for one of the days or all of them you have still accomplished the goal. Also, you don't have to join Facebook to participate.


The Facebook group was started by our French contingent and it has helped spread the word on Facebook.

Because the postings are going to be on your blog you can work the week as you like. As mentioned before I am looking forward to cruising around and seeing everyone's posts next week. I will put out a reminder on Thursday or Friday.

8 comments:

Mes Deux Cents said...

Hi Ehav,

13 pages!!! And that's just one post you say? Oh my I better go and get to work! (lol)


Thanks

Ehav Ever said...

Yes, 13 pages. I have the super power of gab. It was a mutant power to talk and write that runs through everyone on my father's side, except one or two members. It is my blessing and my curse. (smile)

You wouldn't believe how hard it is to edit myself. Especially since the my story for the first day is a detailed one.

Bohemian Hippie Chick said...

Wow...13 pages?! Ehav, you are a true scribe!

Me, I'm stuck on the first paragraph of the first day's post. :)

Ehav Ever said...

Hey BHC,

Man both you and Mes Deux picked up on that 13 pages. (lol) I have to admit I have a large amount of things to post. I started writing a book about my life in 2006. At the moment I have about 550 pages. So I have a lot of material to draw from.

Don't think that you have to write a book like me. I am having a hard time editing it down because every detail seems important. So we are all in the same boat one way or another. (smile)

I am going to include a lot of pictures for post 1.

jewmaican20 said...

I'm going to try to do it next week. I always have a tight schedule, but why not at least make an attempt, right?

Ehav Ever said...

Hey Jewmaican,

Anything you can offer would help the cause. Thanks for joining in.

rivkayael said...

sorry for not responding earlier--I'm in exam mode and hibernating. look forward to reading your posts!

Ehav Ever said...

Hey Rivkayael,

It is no problem. My first post is up right now. I will have to repost it in the morning so that it shows up as being Nov. 4th.