Sunday, October 7, 2007

Self-Image: The Future

Before reading this post I suggest read Part 1 and Part 2 in order first.

I see my future in a variety of ways that I liken to broken shards of glass that lay on the floor. If one wants to put the image back together they have to find which pieces fit best and at times they have to make accommodations for those things that are unknown. Unlike a puzzle that has pieces that only fit a certain way along with an image that is being formed, a mirror's image changes based upon what is in front of it and how much light reflects off it. For me the ever changing image is my growth in my life, the light reflecting off the mirror is my faith.

At the moment I am working to settle certain things in my life. Even before I left America to live here in Israel I was still in the process of finding my way. When I was in New York I learned the value of having a game plan before you make major decisions. I moved to Manhattan without a good understanding of how things worked and without thinking about where my life was going. Because of this lack of vision I went through a few years of problems. At the same time this was a good learning experience on how to handle future life decisions and future mistakes. Now that I am here in Israel, there are of course lessons to be learned and new things that I must become accustomed to. Yet, the things I learned in my previous travels have done wonders to help me deal with the transition.

I moved to Israel for the following reasons that revolve around where I saw God was leading my future.
  1. I needed to be in a place where I could draw closer to the Jew that God created me to be. For some of us that can only happen in a place like Israel.
  2. I wanted to move to a place where when I get married and have children I could raise them with the values that are important to me i.e. Torah based.
  3. I wanted to be a part of the change in Israel that helps bring back elements of the society to the Judaic moral foundation: the Torah.
I also found myself and others wrapped up in a series of prophecies that can be found in the Bible and even in the Islamic Quran. Prophecies stating that God would bring Jews back from all over the world to the land of Israel.


The Bible
Isaiah 43:5-6 Do not be afraid, for I am with you; I will bring your children from the east and gather you from the west. I will say to the north, `Give them up!' and to the south, `Do not hold them back.' Bring my sons from afar and my daughters from the ends of the earth--

Amos 9:14-15 I will bring back my exiled people Israel; they will rebuild the ruined cities and live in them. They will plant vineyards and drink their wine; they will make gardens and eat their fruit. I will plant Israel in their own land, never again to be uprooted from the land I have given them," says the LORD your God.

Ezekiel 20:34 I will bring you from the nations and gather you from the countries where you have been scattered--with a mighty hand and an outstretched arm and with outpoured wrath.

The Quran

Quran Sura 7:137 “And We made the children of Israel, who were considered weak (and of no account), inheritors of lands in both east and west, - lands whereon We sent down Our blessings.

Quran Sura 17:104 “And we said to the Children of Israel afterwards, scatter and live all over the world and when the end of the world is near we will gather you again into the Promised Land.”

As Islamic scholar Shaykh Prof. Abdul Hadi Palazzi comments:
"God wanted to give Avraham a double blessing, through Ishmael and through Isaac, and ordered that Ishmael's descendants should live in the desert of Arabia and Isaac's in Canaan. The Qur'an recognizes the Land of Israel as the heritage of the Jews and it explains that, before the Last Judgment, Jews will return to dwell there. This prophecy has already been fulfilled.”
Call me an idealist, but this kind of idealism has always been a part of my family. All of my family encouraged me to make this decision to move to Israel and to follow my dreams. My family supported me to follow the path that God placed before me and walk this path to its end. I once told my grandmother of my plans concerning Israel and in a hushed tone she said, "I wish I could have done that." So on some level I am here for her sake just as well as my own. I am so glad to have the support of my family and I can't wait to have them visit me here, and who knows maybe more of them will move here.

The future that I see for myself is that I will be married and have children. I will be a loving husband and father. The day will come when I will be married to a strong Jewish woman, and in my dreams I sometimes see her. It is up to me and her to find each other. I know that she is out there somewhere, and I long for her presence in my life. I long to surprise her with romantic ideas and gifts. I long to tell her about my feelings, and I also long to listen to her. Whether she is in Israel now, or she is not here yet I will find her. When I see the moon in the night sky from the desert hills that surround my home I feel that somewhere she may be also looking at the moon wondering where I am.

One day I will pass on to my children the culture that was passed on to me as well as the stories about my past. I will give to them gifts that come from my various journeys in life, and I will impart them with a choice to accept it or to choose their own. I will do my best to show them how important our family history is and the destiny that has been imprinted into our DNA. I will tell them stories of the good times and the bad times so that they can know the struggles that it took for me to become who I am. I will take them to the desert and to the mountains around Jerusalem and read sections of the Bible ot them. I will let them know everyday that they are my future and that they are the summation of my hopes and dreams. I will do all the things that I had always wished my late father could have done for me. I will also teach them to chase after their own dreams and not to accept the words of those who would distract them from their destiny.


I will leave my mark on Israel and the world by building a family that stands for something. When I am able to accomplish these things I will be able to rest having had a good self-image of where I have been, where I am, and where I can go.

4 comments:

Andrew said...

First I would like to say that your website here is very interesting. "Prophecies stating that God would bring Jews back from all over the world to the land of Israel." Is God driving the tank or the bomber? Maybe God is the bomb or the bullet? Maybe God is the bull-dozer destroying homes that other people lived in and were "evicted" from the day before. Yes, I have a problem with the self-righteousness of religion and it is impossible to miss in Judaism. How many times does it take for a person, much less a religion, to be repeatedly persecuted before the question, "Maybe it is me and not them?" How about a little self-evaluation instead of self-righteousness? You appear to have some experience in this area and maybe you can give an honest answer and not anachronistic scripture. No, I do not believe that God is shepherding your people back to this land. I believe you are taking what you are too impatient to wait for. Why else would this cause conflict with Arabs whose scripture also states your return? Actually, I believe that industrialization, modernization, and emancipation threatened Judaism with a decreased following and this anachronistic false-prophetic pursuit of Israel is not only evil (falsly in the name of God), but aimed at unifying Judaic denominations and damming up the loss of followers; i.e. money and Rabbinic power.

Ehav Ever said...

Greetings Andrew,

Thank you for your comment. Actually, I think that there is something that you have to understand. I don’t believe in religion, which is why I don’t use the world. Religion is simply man made attempts at creating a schedule based on internal and external feelings and leanings that they have about so called spiritual inclinations they have. If something is true it is true on its own merit with man’s leanings.

So concerning your questions and statements, the following are the answers. The reason why any Yehudi or Yisraeli ever desired to return to the land of Yisrael is because ever since the Yehudi revolt to free the land of foreign Roman occupation there have been various desires and attempts to return to our national homeland. Not only did Yehudim have this desire to rid our ancestral homeland from foreign rule, but also the Shomronim (Samaritans) also revolted against the Romans for the same national reasons.

For the last 2,000 year the land of Yisrael was invaded and occupied by numerous foreign occupying forces. The Roman Empire (63 BCE), Byzantines (330–640 CE), Arab Caliphates (638–1099 CE), Umayyads (661–750 CE), Abbasids (750–969 CE), Fatimids (969–1099 CE), Crusaders (1099–1187 CE), Mamluks (1270–1516 CE), Ottomans (1516–1831 CE), Egyptians (1831-1841), Ottomans (1841-1917), and finally the British (1917-1947). During these occupations many of the Yehudim and Samaritans in the land of Yisrael were either deported or forced to take on the religions of the occupiers. It has been proven that many of the so called Palestinians actually have either Samaritan or Yehudi ancestry. These foreign occupations ended the minute that Middle Eastern, African, Asian, European Yehudim, Druze, and Bedouins united to reclaim our homeland.

So as you can see religion has nothing to do with anything. The statements from the Tanakh and the Quran I mention because they show the truth in the national and international reality that Yehudim had ALWAYS desired to return to the land of Yisrael, the ancestral homeland, and restore it to ists rightful place.

It also nothing to do with persecutions against Yehudim for the last 2000 years. There were a few places in the world were Yehudim faced no hostility from the population where they resided China, India, and the Songhay empire prior to the Sharia of Muhammid Al-Maghili are just a few examples. Our return was about restoring our national sovereignty to the land of Yisrael. It is similar to how Muhammid left Medina to retake Mecca to restore Islamic restore to Arabia, the national homeland of Muslims. Just as no one questions the validity of Islamic rule over ALL of Arabia, and their rights to rule Arabia the way that they do with Sharia being the law of the land, it can be understood how a much smaller plot of land was the national homeland of Yisraelim and Yehudim.

Ehav Ever said...

Greetings Andrew,

Concerning your question of whether God drives a tank. I think we both know the answer to that one. Since the Middle East is proximately controlled and manipulated by the Western nations, the World Bank’s, and OPEC’s desire to establish mini nationalist fronts that they can control, the tanks are under their control and everyone suffers. As I will explain below this struggle is not a religious one.

First, we both know that, as I mentioned before, since Islam is an Arabian religion with no roots in this part of the Middle East it was imported. What this means is that all Muslims in this region were something else before its advent. We also know that the Crusaders also forced a number of the local population into Christianity. We also know that those who either became Muslims or Christians were originally Samaritans and Yehudim who were native to the region. We know that cities like Hevron, Jerusalem, Gaza, Haifa, Lod, Jaffa, Shechem, etc were more than 90% Yehudi or Samaritan prior to the Ottoman and British extermination plans. Having actually been to the Shomrom, what the Western colonizers call the West Bank, it is basically a lot of open space. Yisraelim and Arabs in this region have good relations for the most part. The majority of Arab towns were once Yehudi towns, which is why pretty every hill has a Yisraeli/Yehudi story or name behind it.

We also know that the British and the French were double dealing everyone in order to colonize the region. They were making all of back alley and under the table deals with various Arabs and Yehudim, in order to keep the Middle East unstable.

As Lawrence of Arabia wrote in 1916:

Concerning supporting an Arab revolt against the Ottomans..beneficial to us (the British), because it marches with our immediate aims, the break up of the Islamic 'bloc' and the defeat and disruption of the Ottoman Empire, and because the states [Sharif Hussein] would set up to succeed the Turks would be … harmless to ourselves … The Arabs are even less stable than the Turks. If properly handled they would remain in a state of political mosaic, a tissue of small jealous principalities incapable of cohesion.

In the early 1980’s Israel was a lot closer to peace with the local Arab populations and nations. There was no security wall, there were no check points, and both Yehudim and Arabs had a lot more freedom of travel. Yet, the work of the PLO and the American pushed Oslo Accords changed all of that. After the Americans began pushing for the Oslo Accords the checkpoints came about, the wall started being built, and freedom of travel for both Arabs and Yehudim became more restrictive.
Western (European, Russian, and American) colonization and influence has been the problem in the Middle East for the last 200 years, and it still the source of much of the conflict.

If the Western nations stopped supplying arms and money to both sides in this conflict and if they backed out of the region there would be peace in the Middle East. Middle Eastern people who have dedicated themselves to living here would be able to make our own peace.

Ehav Ever said...

I forgot to mention. All Yehudi sources that deal with the logic of our people are clear that our ancestors lost our homeland, during the first commonweath, because they erred in accepting the false logic of nations that did not have their best interest. The responsibility of maintaining our homeland is on us, and not others. This error led to the fall of our ancient commonwealth.

If you read any Yehudi document about this, my people (Yehudim/Yisraelim) have ALWAYS accepted the responsibility in the fall of our national sovergnty. For the last 2,000 years we have accepted that as the reality of those times. Yet, as any man knows you can hold your head in shame forever. So when the time was right, various Yehudim and Yisraelim stood up against the occupiers (the British).

Even with all of this, we have not yet acheived national freedom, since so much of the CURRENT Israeli society is chasing after trying to be western. This must end. The day that the Middle East, Africa, and Asia stand against Western imperialism, there can be peace.