Thursday, August 2, 2007

Knowing When You are in the Wrong Place

The below video, though from a hidden camera show and funny, presents a certain reality that people have to be aware of. There are times when a person needs to be aware of their surroundings and get as much information as possible before taking on a venture or joining into contracts with people they don't know.

Jamie Kennedy Experiment: Pizza Delivery for the Mafia

As mentioned before this is funny on the surface, but evey time I watch it I keep wondering about the kid who walked into this situation. The whole thing smelled fishy from the start, and he did not ask any real questions, that we are shown. The question then becomes, what if this had been the real mafia? What if this delivery went okay, would he have kept working there?

It makes me wonder what others would have done in this situation.‎

4 comments:

rebelwithacause said...

LOLOL!!! My man right there told me open it. You are going to be axed! lmao.

Tr8erGirl said...

Jaime Kennedy is awesome - I love that show! That poor kid though - he looked scared most of the time....except when he was checking himself out in the mirror!....And no, he didn't really ask any questions - perhaps he was too scared to! Maybe he was waiting for a good time to make a break for it! I'm not sure what I would have done....what would you have done?

kfoster_1723 said...

I would bet he would continue working if it was the mob and things went alright, and the money was good. Money is a big incentive for many people to do many things they would not ordinarily do. He went in the first place, even though it was clear that it was a fishy 'family' business. When people are broke and desperate, money can make them do things they would never do in normal times. Of course there is a small percentage that just love money and power and will do things up to and including murder, just to increase their wealth, even if they don't really need it. As the Scriptures say, "The love of money is the root of all evil." This I truly believe myself. Mammon is a fierce god to many in this earthly plane.

Kirby

Ehav Ever said...

Greetings Tr8ergirl,

I would have expected some W2 or W4 forms before I start working. I would have also expected more questions and information about the work. I would have been expecting and application. When I saw the big guy looking at me so intensely I would have had some serious questions, and I would said I need to think about the job more. I then would have left, never to be seen again.