Friday, August 3, 2007

I Miss Some of the 70's and 80's

Not long ago me an my cousin were talking about the things we miss about the 70's and 80's. Of course the music from the 80's came up. Below are a few videos that I really loved from the 80's.

This video is from the Wiz with Diana Ross, Michael Jackson, and many other stars. This film came out in 1978, the same year my father died. This is the sequence from the Emerald City. It was filmed where the Twin Towers once stood in New York. When I first saw this film I imagined myself living in the Emerald City. It is interesting though how the changes in the Emerald City did represent how much fashion changes, and how shallow some of those changes can be when people are simply trying to fit in.

The Wiz Emerald City



This song came up during my 80's flashback. I used to love this song. It was the beat, the vibe, and how it was a pop song, but it had a really hip element to it. I now have this song on my MP3 player and I like walking through the streets of Jerusalem playing it. I love having music that brings back memories, and it makes me feel like my life is a soundtrack.
Nu Shooz - I Can't Wait


So what were your favorite music and memories from the 1970's and 1980's?

12 comments:

diva said...

We I was young, I thought Thriller was cool, and I liked dancing along to the Billie Jean video. Oh, and Culture Club and Morris Day and the Time. Videos were new so they were really kind of dopey, but they had a certain innocence about them. Plus everyone had bad hair. White people had that puffy winged look and Black people had jheri curls.

Miriam said...

Anybody remember Sanford and Sons? I really miss that show.

Tr8erGirl said...

Great song! Hair bands and The Cure - totally 80's!

Lakewood Venter said...

cool blog dude. I am adding you to my blogroll.

Tr8erGirl said...

Oh- and how about 80's fashion?! Parachute pants (thanks MC Hammer!) and Miriam might remember this..friendship pins that you wear on your shoes...Oh well - now I feel old! Thanks for the memories!

Ehav Ever said...

Diva - I used to have the thriller jacket and my friend had the Beat It jacket. Neither one of us had enough money for the glitter glove though.

Miriam - Yeah, I remember Sanford and Son. I wasn't into that much. I did like when Sanford and Esther would argue.

Tr8ergirl - You got me. I admit I once wore Hammer pants. Fortunately I didn't take any photos during that time.

Lakewood Venter - Thanks for adding me to your blog. I added you also.

Miriam said...

Tr8erGirl -Friendship pins -LOL

But what I really miss...now this will really say my age, were old time commercial jingles, etc. "Youuuu've got that veeeelvit touch...new puffs...!"

Lori said...

I remember the early days of BET when they only had a handful of grainy-looking vidoes that they kept in heavy rotation. One of my favorites was "Mama Used To Say" by Junior (a Black British singing act). I've always wondered what happened to him (smile).

Ehav Ever said...

Does anyone remember that R&B group Loose Ends. I recently found their song Hangin' On a String.

Lori said...

Hey, I remember Loose Ends. I still have one of their, gasp, cassettes! I even dig it out, blow off the dust and play it every now and then.

rebelwithacause said...

And no is a fan of Luther Vandross? lol
Other stuff:
Wham
Duran Duran
Lionel Richie
Stevie Wonder
Chaka Khan
The Police
INXS
Peter Gabriel
Phil Collins
Eurythmics
I terribly miss all the romantic love songs. Nowadays most songs are about sex and not about love.

Ehav Ever said...

I have Chaka Chan I feel for you on my computer. Remember Breakin' 1 and 2?